Elk in Yard


Finn came home from school today and said it was snowing. I looked out the window to check it out, and I saw the Elk in these pics. They had moved away a good bit before I could find the camera and put my boots on (was in slippers all day), but I got a couple of shots in anyway. I did my best native/hunter imitation and tried to sneak up on then, crouching and trying not to make snow-crunching sounds, but they weren't having any of it and eventually trotted off to a safe distance. Dang I wish we had a zoom lens!

1 Comments:
Ha! I can imagine you trying to sneak up on those guys, and all the crouching and crunching. You certainly have access to the wildlife out there! Coyotes, elk! For me it's Scrub Jays, Crows, a gazillion little birds such as goldfinches, dark-eyed juncos and chickadees and the neighborhood cats! There IS the occasional sea gull, which I think is what everyone was calling a sparrow hawk (only because I have seen the former plenty and NEVER have seen the latter—gulls sound like of hawk like at times, I guess!). I think I mentioned the rumor of a coyote around the neighborhood but I never saw that either. But elk, wow. How very exciting!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home