Sunday, April 30, 2006

New Work Begins


This has been one of those life-changing weeks where things have shifted and moved into new arrangements in such amazing ways that i am humbled and awestruck by the bigger picture that is always wanting to work through us if we only move out of the way a bit and let it all happen. This time last week i was beginning a 36 hour interview process for the position of Director of Crestone Charter School. It was an arduous and evocative process that included interviews with the entire school community, the parents, students, teachers, assistant director, superintendant and the Governing Council. On Wednesday evening following a public and brief closed session of the GC, i was privileged and honored with a job offer to serve as the school's new Director. I have accepted the offer and have already begun working with leaving Director, Reynold Bean, to look at how the "hand off" can happen smoothly. I have a lot to grow into in this work, in my self, and i am so excited and grateful for the challenge. We are going to build a new school facility, a beautiful green building, and the process will be integrated completely into the curriculum. We will learn geometry, architecture, explore energy systems, and make our own plaster and tiles, all through this long process. Jay has been my hard-core loving support during this experience. And Finn must surely feel empowered to have been so instrumental in leading us here into this interesting new life, even if he has some 13 year old concerns about his mother being up in his school-grill now. I feel really blessed that all my ripeness, creativity, and desire to serve will have such an expanded playing/growing field. I feel so privileged and in love with Life. Wow. Wow. Wow.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Alexandria said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Is right!!! This is such an amazing expansion for you! It is amazing and YOU are amazing! You are going to do some incredible things with and for those kids. I know you will keep us all posted as things develop in your life and your work, and I look forward to it greatly!

I love this picture of you and Jay. What a great guy!!!

I love you!!!!

Alex

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

thanks alex, hugs and love to you, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home