Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Family Connections

 
My second cousin, Janet Lovelady, came to see us in Crestone this week. She spends time in Northern New Mexico several times a year and decided to check us out in Crestone as it is only a 2 1/2 hour drive. Interesting sidenote...when i was 16 I travelled to Damascus, Syria to visit an uncle living abroad. Janet travelled with me as companion and worldly mentor and curious herself to see a slice of the Middle East. The day our plane landed in Damascus, the Israeli's invaded Beruit. It has been about 12 years since Janet and I have gotten together, and we couldn't help but notice that the middle east backdrop was identical to our summer together in 1982. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember all too well the summer of 1982. I have to say that you and Janet look a lot more at peace than you did when we meet the plane on your return trip from Damascus.
ejg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home