Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sunset with Susan Fey


I had dinner Thursday night with one of my new colleagues, Susan Fey. She teaches the kindergarten and first graders at the Charter School. On the way home from Salida we saw caught this alpin-glow along the eastern range.

3 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Alexandria said...

All I can say is Wow!!!!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Tom Rampton said...

I'm not sure exactly where this is, but it sure looks like "mountain wave" activity--complete with "lenticular clouds" at altitude and "cap clouds" hugging the peaks.

From home near Nathrop on Saturday evening, we noticed lenticular clouds generated by the Sangres--which is rarer during the summer.

Gliders use the mountain wave to climb to high altitudes.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Hello Tom! I drove past the sign for Nathrop on my way back from Denver today and thought of you and wondered where your home is and what the views are like from YOUR porch! This pic was taken heading south on 285 just before the merge onto hwy17. I don't what the names of these mountains are yet, but we're talking very close to Joyful Journey, in the Sangre Range.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home