Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Natural Arch




My friend Vonda and I went over to LaGarita, about an hour's drive west across the valley, and we scrambled up Natural Arch. This incredible formation is in the foothills of the San Juan Mountains. I had gone two summers ago with Jay and Finn, who galloped to the top like billy goats with great ease. I had not been able to make it to the top at that time. But yesterday I made it up. The view was incredible. Coming down was challenging. To see how steep it really is check out the picture of Vonda below me on the rocks, then look waaaay down further for the car!

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Anrahyah said...

Congrats on that ascent! I have been there twice, the first got about half-way, and the second time to the top, and know the challenge and the triumph!
I have heard this place called "Hole in the Wall." Isn't it a wonder, just rising out of the floor of the area there?
Sounds like a fun adventurous thing you and Vonda are doing together--good work my dear!

Love, Anrahyah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home