Weekend in Salida
So in the midst of unpacking and prepping the house to upgrade the solar, we decided to take a day off an check out the white water festival in Salida, about an hour's drive north.What's interesting about Salida is that Kathryn and I actually looked at rental property here 18 years ago on our honeymoon. Funny, here we are at a different point in our lives and we ended up moving just down the road. Guess our instincts were good, or we at least had a premonition of where our relationship would take us later on.
Anyway, Salida is a great town, and the festival was a lot of fun.
Here's some kayakers in the Arkansas River which flows right through downtown.

Finn was more interested in the skateboad exhibition.


Finn's been honing his own skateboarding skills since we've arrived. He's cobbled together a ramp of sorts out of reclaimed plywood on our property:

1 Comments:
I love this - makes it easy to keep track of ya'll. I started reading from the top and by the time I worked my way backwards to leaving your home in Abita, it was very sad. Should have started at the bottom and worked up. Thanks for keeping us posted
Post a Comment
<< Home