Monday, September 05, 2005

Brooks sends pics from Abita

My little town is a wreck, but it's still there. Inbox
Brooks Hamaker
to Tommy
Friends, I have put together an album on Sony Image Station of photos taken Saturday. They are of several different things in Abita Springs, but not the whole town, as driving around and taking photos was not part of my day., We were busier than cats covering up shit trying to get it all done before dark. My brother Tom is the man. I appreciate all of his help greatly. This is a free service that allows you to store all of your photos online. I highly reccomend it. You never know when your computer might conk out or you will have some kind of natural disaster. You have to sign up to look, but you should. You can save your photos, get cheap prints, etc. Anyway, I have captioned many of the photos, but if you haven't been there, they might be kind of hard to appreciate. I am not David Grunfeld. I am more like your grandmother with a Brownie camera. It's pretty sad. This is really being sent out so that people who live there and are on this list can see, as many can't go home yet (there will be no power for weeks), but the rest of you on this list are included to show that there are hundreds of towns on the Gulf Coast just as devestated or worse and they will never be on the news, get FEMA help, or see a dime in federal aid. Maybe this will move some of you to help out a bit if you can.

Here is the link.
-- Brooks Hamaker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home