Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sunrise in Stripes



Jay woke us this morning to come and see this amazing sunrise that came in orange stripes up over Crestone Peak.

10 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Alexandria said...

Wow! Kathryn! That's some view!! Stunning!

Alex

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Alex, you've got to come visit--maybe you'll build in an extra couple of days after a mathilde trip and come see us!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Greg--please tell me more about this ray formation...either here or email me at kathrynbrady@gmail.com

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Alexandria said...

Darn. Left a message and it didn't take. Will try again:

Yes, visiting sounds wonderful!!! Your pictures definitely call to me.

How far are you from Fort Collins? I have another friend who I think lives there. Another possible combo of visits!

And yes, Greg, please share what are crepuscular rays? :-)

Alex

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Fort Collins is north of Denver, right? We are about 3 1/2 hours from Denver. I just googled crepuscular rays and the first site that comes up is pretty good at explanations.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Leroy McMillin said...

Hi Kathryn,

You don't know me but your Mom & Dad visited here a couple of weeks ago. I grew up in Harrisonburg with your Mom.

She told me about your Blog some time ago and I have been keeping up ever since. Looks to me you are really having a good time, and the photos are fantastic.

I decided to do a blog myself just to see how it works. Pretty simple and the price is right so here's mine. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://texasspringchicken.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Alexandria said...

Googled crepuscular rays. Interesting!

You're not that far from Denver. Cool! It would be great to see you, and see your place. I have been to Crestone, but didn't have much chance to check it out. We did go to some hot springs and skinny dipped one afternoon. Very wonderful.

I, like Spring Chicken, am trying my hand at blogging, but don't have anything ready for show just yet. It's under 'Weinbrecht Corner' (or weinbrechtcorner.blogspot.com). Likely I'll stick with the web site for now, but blogs are so very cool. I love yours.

Alex

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Great blog, Leroy! Thanks for sharing! We are all now craving smoked salmon!

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Leroy McMillin said...

Thought you might like to hear what one fellow Egghead said about this photo (I just had to show it to them). He said it was National Geographic quality and you should submit it in a contest. I agree.

Leroy

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Wow. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home