Hunting Wabbit

This morning I looked out the window and thought I saw a dog I didn't recognize out by the road. Then I realized it was a coyote. Then I realized there was a pack of them right by the house. Then I saw a rabbit zig-zagging through the driveway, right past the window with 2 coyotes in hot pursuit. This picture is taken right outside the door as the hunt was ending with no zoom lens (I'm not sure of the rabbit's fate... they ran out of site).
Personally, I like seeing the coyotes controlling the rabbit problem. I'm tired of twisting my ankle on rabbit holes.
Note: Some people told me they didn't notice the 2nd coyote in the picture. Look for it. See it? At one point there were 5 in view, but I wasn't able to get the gang in the shot.

3 Comments:
I see two coyotes!! :-) Believe it or not, we supposedly had a coyote running around here in our neighborhood in good ole Portland, Oregon. And we live in the city, not suburbs! I never saw it, but there were reports. Very cool shot!
Alex
Coyotes in Portland??? Wow. They are hardy creatures, but that's really impressive they can survive in urban setting. Keep your cats indoors!
Don't have cats. Just my little dog, which we watch closely at all times (and who is always on a leash!). Our neighbors have cats that they let run around. Nothing has happened to them, so I doubt the coyote is still around.
Post a Comment
<< Home