Thursday, December 08, 2005

Minus 17




Record lows across the state last night, here's our outdoor thermometer for proof of the brrrrr weather in Crestone. Jay, adventure photographer, took the outdoor pic, and there i am at the window, warm and toasty inside!

4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

hey jena! how is seattle weather? I hope you DO come see us. Michael is talking about a winter road trip!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Alexandria said...

Haha! That is so cute. YOU are so cute. The temp is NOT cute, however. I haven't seen cold like that since we left New Hampshire. Wow. We have had colder than usual temps in Portland, though nothing in the single digits. Days hovering around the low 40s, high 30s, wind chills around 20 degrees yesterday morning. For us, at this time of year, at any time of year, that is cold. We may see snow this year. For the first time since we moved here, I'm missing snow. Then I remind myself of the last few winters in NH and decide if I want snow, I'll go up to Mt. Hood and see some!! Don't miss those temps either. I'm such a wimp when it comes to cold!

Stay warm!!!

Alex

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Thirty is darn cold in Portland because it's so damp there. It snowed big-time the year we lived in Seattle, very rare, but it was sooo cold on those city streets, wind tunnels, coming up off puget sound. Brrr. It's cold here too, whatever isn't covered, nose, cheeks, brrrr. But once you get a layer between you and the wind, it's doable. And it is so warm-feeling in the day with the sun blasting full force. I just chopped wood and was sweating in a fleece vest.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Alexandria said...

I didn't know you ever lived in Seattle! Yes, it's cold and damp! Colder and damper there than here, mostly. I lived in Denver for several years, so I know what you mean about the cold and the sun. It was really different. Though it's been dry, sunny, and cool here the past few days and I'm still cold, even without the damp! (therefore the wimp label seems to fit! :-)! )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home