Friday, April 06, 2007

Monarch Closing Weekend

So, not even 24 hours after arriving back home, Finn was itching to return to Monarch. This is closing weekend for them, so we made sure to get up there today.




This is a view looking down at the lodge area from the chair. Check out the low cloud bank below the parking area.




Here's Finn heading down the hill. I was experimenting with the polarizing filter over the lens, but I was too over-anxious as it really wasn't bright enough.




This last picture is Finn going over a small jump. I wanted to get a shot of him on one of the bigger jumps, but that area of the mountain was closed today in preparation for a crazy kayak race they're going to have down the slopes tomorrow. At this point Finn was getting a little cranky over being forced into moderating his joy so that I could take some pictures... hence, this is the last decent picture (I was getting tired of lugging the camera around anyway, so we agreed on this point and just had fun the rest of the day).

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Alexandria said...

Wow! Every time John and I go to mt. hood John says he wishes he could do this. I'm afraid of breaking bones that will take longer to mend! Ha! Very impressive, Finn!!!

alex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home